site hit counter

≡ PDF Free Nothing Left to Burn Heather Ezell Books

Nothing Left to Burn Heather Ezell Books



Download As PDF : Nothing Left to Burn Heather Ezell Books

Download PDF Nothing Left to Burn Heather Ezell Books


Nothing Left to Burn Heather Ezell Books

Nothing Left to Burn landed on my radar as a Californian living in the time of frequent and terrifying wildfires. I consumed it like a wildfire was licking my heels because it was unputdownable.

Oof. This book. You will cry. You will scream. You will shake the book as if it will listen. NO IT CAN NOT BE. This book is messy and relatable and complicated. The characters. The situations.

We get both the present timeline and the backstory, slowly weaving, causing unease the whole time. I loved Audrey and hated Brooks. But I also understood why Audrey was into him, as a person who has been in a similar relationship.

Audrey spends much of the book trapped and trying to escape. Trying to escape a wildfire that is after her whole life. Trying to escape a boy who is an abusive, manipulative liar. Escaping her own insecurities and worries.

Heather Ezell does an excellent job of describing the devastation, emotionally and physically, of a wildfire. The urgency of the evacuation. I felt myself tensing up while reading.

This book is intense, to say the least.

Read Nothing Left to Burn Heather Ezell Books

Tags : Amazon.com: Nothing Left to Burn (9780448494265): Heather Ezell: Books,Heather Ezell,Nothing Left to Burn,Razorbill,0448494264,Family - Siblings,Social Themes - Dating & Sex,Social Themes - General,California,Dating (Social customs);Fiction.,Fire fighters;Fiction.,Guilt,Interpersonal relations,Secrecy,Secrets,Wildfires - Orange County (Calif.),Wildfires;Fiction.,Children: Young Adult (Gr. 7-9),Fiction-Coming of Age,JUVENILE,Juvenile Fiction,Juvenile Grades 7-9 Ages 12-14,TEEN'S FICTION - COMING OF AGE,TEEN'S FICTION ROMANCE,United States,YOUNG ADULT FICTION,YOUNG ADULT FICTION Family Siblings,YOUNG ADULT FICTION Social Themes Dating & Sex,YOUNG ADULT FICTION Social Themes General (see also headings under Family),Young Adult FictionFamily - Siblings,realistic fiction books for kids 12-15;teen fiction books;family;teen books;books for teens;young adult books;ya books;books for teen girls;teen books for girls;teen girl books;teen boy books;teen books for boys;books for teen boys;tween books for girls ages 11-14;young adult;books for 12 year old boys;books for 12 year old girls;books for 13 year old boys;books for 13 year old girls;books for 14 year old boys;romance;love;dating;books for 14 year old girls;friendship;mystery,realistic fiction books for kids 12-15; teen fiction books; family; siblings; teen books; books for teens; young adult books; ya books; books for teen girls; teen books for girls; teen girl books; teen boy books; teen books for boys; books for teen boys; tween books for girls ages 11-14; young adult; books for 12 year old boys; books for 12 year old girls; books for 13 year old boys; books for 13 year old girls; books for 14 year old boys; books for 14 year old girls; books for teens 12-16 girls; friendship,YOUNG ADULT FICTION Family Siblings,YOUNG ADULT FICTION Social Themes Dating & Sex,YOUNG ADULT FICTION Social Themes General (see also headings under Family),Young Adult FictionFamily - Siblings,YOUNG ADULT FICTION,Children: Young Adult (Gr. 7-9)

Nothing Left to Burn Heather Ezell Books Reviews


This book drew me in and at the risk of using a cliche, was a real page turner. I felt like I was inside the mind of Audrey, and having raised five daughters, this character made real sense to me in the decisions she made, her insecurities, her confusion over feelings for the opposite sex, and her impetuous actions. The twist and reveal that occurs sneaks up on you and makes you keep turning the pages to get to the bottom of it. Very well written and a fun read.
THIS BOOK. If you like atmospheric, gorgeous writing with complex characters that keep you guessing, this book is for you. Heather is a master of setting, and the California landscape comes alive in her writing. She does this with the fire as well, describing it with such detail and urgency that the fire becomes its own character. This book surprised me in so many ways, and I still think about it months later. It explores first love and co-dependency and finding oneself, and the ending will blow you away. I can't recommend it enough!
Nothing Left to Burn is a profound character study of a teen who exposed the depth of her soul as she faced unexpected challenges. Her deep understanding of life and her thoughts and actions came to bare, and in the darkest times she continued to think of others. It is one of those books I couldn’t put down—it kept my mind focused trying to put the pieces together so I sort’a knew where it was going. Impossible, even till the final page when I was blown away with the unexpected. It was a thrilling ride—often brought on by Ezell’s unique writing style—sometimes in mid-story actually stopping to talk to me, the reader, and I loved the way she used common words in magical ways. For me, it’s a reread.
Ezell infused little clues that had me anxious to keep reading and find out where the story was going. The beginning was a bit confusing and cryptic (on purpose I guess), so it took me a little while to get comfortable with the rhythm of the alternating timelines. But once I did, I couldn’t put it down. The info about wildfires was interesting and well-presented along the way as part of the story. In fact, the wildfire took on the nature of a character in its own right, like an additional antagonist. The co-dependency between Audrey and Brooks was frustrating, but believable (speaking from experience), and that’s good story-telling. At times, I felt like I was watching an impending train wreck in slow motion, but that’s part of what had me hooked, and I’m glad I kept reading.
What worked well a teen dealing with what virginity means to her; a destructive relationship; the love of fire; the big sister-kid sister relationship.

What worked less well for me the Hayden sub-plot; the sick kid sister subplot.

Occasionally the voice shifts here, to like snarky, or quiz-style, but otherwise remains dreamy-and-hazy. The shifts didn't work or feel natural to me.

I'd like to have seen at least one parent object to the 18 year old dating a 15 year old. And I'd like to have seen someone throw doubt on B's character earlier on. Mostly, it's not complicated enough for me. But I think that teens will see some of their experiences reflected really well bad loves and the sex stuff especially.
I first read this as an intern in 2014. I fell in love from the very first page and knew it had to be published. Four years later I'm so, so thrilled NOTHING LEFT TO BURN is bigger than a document on a laptop, a book that will kindle and blaze and burn.

'Why are you so convinced I'm the beast here?' It's so soft, like how he says I love you at night, in the car, over the phone, after a din of silence.
I don't answer. I can't answer. Because if he isn't the beast, what does that make me?

Prepare to learn a lot about trees and fires. You can feel how much Heather loves what she's writing about. The passion is on every page, bound into the spine, and while Hayden does tell us passion isn't always a good thing, here it is. Heather wraps you up in this beautiful burning world of hers, and she doesn't let you go. Not even after you hit the final sentence, because it's a doozy and what a place to end a book. You'll never recover. Fair warning.

Our main character is Audrey Harper, and she is a mess. She is lost and vulnerable and selfish. She's drowning and floating, but mostly drowning. Her story is compelling and dark and a little bit heartbreaking. I don't know why she's lounging in a pool on the cover while the fire blazes in the distance (will never figure this out, tbh), but she might be one of the realest female characters I've ever seen in YA. Some will probably call her unlikeable for that reason. I love her.

FOUR YEARS. Four years, and this little sparkler of a book is finally coming out. It has not left my mind once. The day the deal announcement broke it had sold, I was overwhelmed and overjoyed. NOTHING LEFT TO BURN is bewitching and discomforting. It demands truth, and for everyone to read it.
Nothing Left to Burn landed on my radar as a Californian living in the time of frequent and terrifying wildfires. I consumed it like a wildfire was licking my heels because it was unputdownable.

Oof. This book. You will cry. You will scream. You will shake the book as if it will listen. NO IT CAN NOT BE. This book is messy and relatable and complicated. The characters. The situations.

We get both the present timeline and the backstory, slowly weaving, causing unease the whole time. I loved Audrey and hated Brooks. But I also understood why Audrey was into him, as a person who has been in a similar relationship.

Audrey spends much of the book trapped and trying to escape. Trying to escape a wildfire that is after her whole life. Trying to escape a boy who is an abusive, manipulative liar. Escaping her own insecurities and worries.

Heather Ezell does an excellent job of describing the devastation, emotionally and physically, of a wildfire. The urgency of the evacuation. I felt myself tensing up while reading.

This book is intense, to say the least.
Ebook PDF Nothing Left to Burn Heather Ezell Books

0 Response to "≡ PDF Free Nothing Left to Burn Heather Ezell Books"

Post a Comment