Dark Horse Doug Richardson 9780380787708 Books

Dark Horse Doug Richardson 9780380787708 Books
Kept me guessing & intense thought. A great political story with so many twists & turns. Falls in line with all of the insanity of today' s political climate
Tags : Dark Horse [Doug Richardson] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. When a mysterious and destructive opponent named Shakespeare McCann will stop at nothing, including murder,Doug Richardson,Dark Horse,Avon,0380787709,Thrillers - General,Crime & Thriller,Crime & mystery,Fiction,Fiction - Psychological Suspense,Fiction - Thriller,Fiction Thrillers General,Fiction Thrillers Suspense,General Adult,MASS MARKET,POPULAR AMERICAN FICTION,Suspense,Thrillers
Dark Horse Doug Richardson 9780380787708 Books Reviews
I only paid 60 cents in a used bookstore for this piece of tripe, but figured I used to live in Texas and like political stories, so ..... Then, I found the book so bad, so ridiculous I had to keep going to make sure it would be on my list of real stinkers. It is. Just because you write for films, doesn't make you an author. The writing was not bad, but I would suggest Mr. Richardson pay someone to give him a decent plot. Additionally, the stereotype description of Texas and its citizens is quite insulting - very Hollywood. So it's been sold and will be made into yet another bad movie. It is really a shame and I did not find it "fun" or "enjoyable" because it was not good satire, it was just plain awful.
You can be sure if this guy keeps writing (I see it did write another which sounds even worse), I won't be reading and anyone who has good taste should avoid his books as well.
I am amused by some of the negative reviews which accuse this book of being too outlandish and unbelievable. I love to read, and when I pick up a book I want to be entertained. Reality checks are not a prerequisite. And there is a lot in this book that outrageously defies reality. Which is why it is so much fun to read. I zipped through this book, laughing out loud (which made my poor husband believe I had gone over the edge). Shakespeare McCann is so unbelievably evil you almost gotta love him. (I see Jack Nicholson playing him in the movie, if it is made). I don't think the author expects anyone to take this book as a serious indictment of our political system. This is pure and simple entertainment. To take it seriously is to ruin the fun. Just read it for the sheer enjoyment of a good yarn.
I disliked the disrespect he showed his readers by repetitively using the N... Word in particular for various stereotypes of African American people, mostly the men. His working in the public eye, writing for TV shows, ascertains he knows what is unacceptable in print and in various media forms. Regardless of whether he is writing about Texas politics it is still Unacceptable. I Will Not Recommend this book for other Bookclubs and their members. We have a large voice when it comes to Authors.
As an occasionally reluctant resident of Texas, I've seen some detestable behaviors from candidates for public office on both sides of the political spectrum. That's no different than elsewhere, though--mud-slinging, rancorous smear campaigns and character assassinations in lieu of focusing on real issues have become the norm today, as both Democrats and Republicans seem ideologically compelled to reject any considerations of what's best for the country in favor of their own selfish interests.
With that said, I sincerely hope no political campaign in American history was, or ever will be, as nasty as the fictional one waged between Democrat Mitchell Sutton and Republican Shakespeare McCann in the pages of Doug Richardson's "Dark Horse."
"Dark Horse" hooked me on the first page like a cow puncher lassoing a stray dogie and never turned me aloose. This is simply one of the most compelling, page-turningly readable, un-put-downable novels that I've read in many years. The characters are very well-defined, with natural-seeming, consistent attributes that enable the reader to distinguish among them easily. There are not too many of them to keep track of, unlike many other novels in which the reader can't tell the players apart without a scorecard. Most of the dialogue has the ring of truth to it, and the South Texas locations become as important as the characters and the plot thanks to the superb sense of time and place that Mr. Richardson conveys. Speaking of plot, hold onto your Stetson once you start into "Dark Horse." You won't be able to jump off of the non-stop roller coaster ride after you get on. I literally returned to it to devour as many pages as I could in my every spare waking moment, and I finished it in about three days.
I don't read all that much fiction these days. In fact, I picked up "Dark Horse" free from a discard rack at the public library when I checked out some nonfiction books. But, if this is any indication of what I'm missing , I may have to revise my reading interests for the future.
I recommend "Dark Horse" very highly to all readers who want to tackle an eye-opening tale as topical as today's headlines. It'll grab you by the throat and won't let you go until the last page. Well done, Mr. Richardson.
Kept me guessing & intense thought. A great political story with so many twists & turns. Falls in line with all of the insanity of today' s political climate

0 Response to "[0SW]⇒ Read Dark Horse Doug Richardson 9780380787708 Books"
Post a Comment