Deceptive Illusive Emily LloydJones Books

Deceptive Illusive Emily LloydJones Books
Deceptive by Emily Lloyd-Jones dives into action immediately. Ciere and Alan are working with the mobsters, Daniel is working with the UAI and Devon has an internship. They all eventually end up working together, in one way or another, to stop the kidnapping of immunes. The characters have grown since Illusive and they continue to mature throughout Deceptive. By the end of the book, they have all found where they belong. This series is enjoyable and I really liked the characters!
Tags : Amazon.com: Deceptive (Illusive) (9780316254649): Emily Lloyd-Jones: Books,Emily Lloyd-Jones,Deceptive (Illusive),Little, Brown Books for Young Readers,0316254649,Dystopian,Science Fiction - General,Adventure and adventurers,Adventure and adventurers;Fiction.,Adventure stories,Organized crime,Robbers and outlaws,Science fiction,Superheroes,Superheroes;Fiction.,Thieves,Vaccines,Vaccines;Fiction.,Action & Adventure - General,Adventure stories (Children's Teenage),Children: Young Adult (Gr. 7-9),Fiction-Science Fiction,JUVENILE,Juvenile Fiction,Juvenile Grades 7-9 Ages 12-14,Law & Crime,Monograph Series, any,Science Fiction Fantasy (Young Adult),TEEN'S FICTION - ACTION & ADVENTURE,TEEN'S FICTION SCIENCE FICTION,United States,YOUNG ADULT FICTION Action & Adventure General,YOUNG ADULT FICTION Dystopian,YOUNG ADULT FICTION Law & Crime,YOUNG ADULT FICTION Science Fiction General,Young Adult Fiction,Young Adult FictionAction & Adventure - General,Young Adult FictionLaw & Crime,Action & Adventure - General,Law & Crime,YOUNG ADULT FICTION Action & Adventure General,YOUNG ADULT FICTION Dystopian,YOUNG ADULT FICTION Law & Crime,YOUNG ADULT FICTION Science Fiction General,Young Adult FictionAction & Adventure - General,Young Adult FictionLaw & Crime,Young Adult Fiction,Science Fiction Fantasy (Young Adult),Children: Young Adult (Gr. 7-9),Adventure stories (Children's Teenage)
Deceptive Illusive Emily LloydJones Books Reviews
In the suspenseful sequel to ILLUSIVE, Emily Lloyd-Jones brings back the high-speed chases, crime families, and government agents that we’ve all dearly missed. Or at least, I dearly missed.
Ciere’s still paying off her debt to the Gyr Syndicate but when Alan is accused of something she’s sure he didn’t do, she sets off to Washington to prove his innocence. Meanwhile, Daniel’s been put to work with special agent Gervais, on a case of disappearing immune citizens, aiming to find and stop the kidnapper before it’s too late. Soon, Devon, Daniel, and Ciere all find themselves working on the case and before long, the three of them realize that not everything is as it seems.
I have no idea how to start off my review. DECEPTIVE has left me flabbergasted. It was everything I expected and then some. It’s a sequel in which I couldn’t flip the pages fast enough. Or mind-scream at the characters loud enough. It was good. Really good.
When I started off DECEPTIVE, I was afraid it wouldn’t be as great as Emily Lloyd-Jones’s debut, ILLUSIVE, and that I would have no idea what was going on, being as I forgot some of the minor details from the first one. But the deeper I went into DECEPTIVE, the more the action picked up and the suspense increased and things got amazing. And since there’s a totally different plot going on in DECEPTIVE, you don’t have to remember everything from the previous book. Although most of what happened in ILLUSIVE came back to me the more I read (I love when that happens).
I’ll admit DECEPTIVE isn’t as good as ILLUSIVE, but it was still pretty great. I mean, I don’t think anything can top the amazingness of ILLUSIVE, but DECEPTIVE came close enough. We get to see the old crew, the government is more involved in this one, and we get some revelations.
The story was split into three points of view Ciere’s Daniel’s, and Devon’s, with Ciere’s parts being the most interesting. I love how much she changes throughout the course of the book and how she can use her illusions in so many new ways. She’s also more dependent.
Daniel wasn’t too bad, and I like how he has more of a story in this one, unlike the first book, where we barely got to see him and even then, he was just being thrown around. In DECEPTIVE, he finally takes things into his own hands. The one character that I wasn’t so fond of in this book was Devon. He was okay the majority of the time, but there were parts when he came off as too whiny and self-centered, which was a bummer because he was one of my faves in ILLUSIVE.
I really, really hope there’s a third book. We still have so many unanswered questions and I want to know what happened between Magnus and the other guy. I do not like not knowing.
I could sit here all day writing on and on and on about how amazing DECEPTIVE is, but for your sake, I won’t. (I’m nice like that). But if you haven’t read ILLUSIVE, then you’re missing out on one of my favorite series of all-time. If you have read it, then you need to read DECEPTIVE ASAP.
Originally posted on IceyBooks
***Review posted on The Eater of Books! blog***
Deceptive by Emily Lloyd-Jones
Book Two of the Illusive series
Publisher Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Publication Date July 14, 2015
Rating 4 stars
Source ARC sent by the publisher
Summary (from Goodreads)
Don't miss this thrilling, high-stakes sequel to Illusive.
You don’t belong with us. These are the words that echo through the minds of all immune Americans—those suffering the so-called adverse effects of an experimental vaccine, including perfect recall, body manipulation, telepathy, precognition, levitation, mind-control, and the ability to change one’s appearance at will.
When immune individuals begin to disappear—in great numbers, but seemingly at random—fear and tension mount, and unrest begins to brew across the country. Through separate channels, super-powered teenagers Ciere, Daniel, and Devon find themselves on the case; super criminals and government agents working side-by-side. It’s an effort that will ultimately define them all—for better or for worse.
What I Liked
The first thought in my mind when I cracked open the review copy was crap - I've forgotten most of what happened in book one, Illusive! I remember the characters, the general conflict, the world-building, but not a lot of specifics. For one, I don't remember very much of what happened to Daniel, in Illusive. I loved Illusive, but there are a lot of holes in what I remember. So I thought this book would be a struggle. Luckily, it wasn't!
In this sequel to Lloyd-Jones's stunning debut, Ciere, Daniel, and Devon are split up and fighting on each of their ends, on very different sides. People who are immune are being kidnapped, and the kidnappings don't seem random. Two individuals are of interest, and Ciere, Daniel, and Devon all have a stake in the arrest of these suspects. But each teenager is not prepared for the truths to be uncovered, for the limits that will be tested, for the lives that will be lost.
This book is written in three perspectives - Ciere's, Daniel's, Devon's. Ciere and Alan Fiacre (the boy who has the formula for the Praevenir creation memorized) are in the hands of Guntram, a powerful illusionist they owe. Daniel is in the hands of the FBI, with a man named Gervais. Devon has been offered an internship position in a small branch under the leadership of a man named Macourek. The three teens have gone in three different directions, willingly or unwillingly.
This book is written in third person POV, with three separate perspectives (each chapter has a different perspective). Ciere's was the most interesting, but I liked Devon's, too. Devon is kind of like a spoiled troubled rich kid who needs a bit of direction, so he is recruited to the for the small organization to work as an intern, doing data entry. Devon is spoiled, but he wants to work hard. Ciere is determined to protect Alan, even if it seems like the only thing he cares about is protecting the formula. And Daniel - he hasn't seen Ciere in quite some time. He's busy with the FBI, trying to figure out the mystery of the disappearances of immune people.
I think Ciere's character development is the easiest to spot, and I'm happy about the direction her characterization was taken. Ciere really learns how to use and wield her illusionist ability. She grows more comfortable with her own skin, and can do powerful illusions, under the tutelage of Guntram. I like Ciere a lot. She's tough, she's been through quite a bit, and she never stops.
There IS romance in this novel - YAY! I do remember mentioning in my review of Illusive how I wanted more romance in the sequel. Well, there is a subtle development in two people's relationship, which was really sweet. It wasn't super important to the plot, but it is clear as it develops. I love the pair! I can't remember much of their interactions in Illusive, but I love them in this book, little as they interact!
I'm quite happy with this book's story, characters, resolution, and even the subtle romance. I really enjoyed both books in the series. I'm not sure if there will be more books (probably not - the ending of this one was really wrapped up), but I wouldn't mind more. Nor would I mind if this series ended as is. I'll definitely be looking out for more of Lloyd-Jones's books in the future!
What I Did Not Like
At times, this book was a bit slow. Also at times, I really struggled with not remembering things from Illusive. Overall, Lloyd-Jones made it so you really didn't need to remember too many specifics, but at the same time, the gaps in my memory were pretty large. Not necessarily a negative, on Lloyd-Jones's part, but a fair warning to readers.
Would I Recommend It
I'd highly recommend this series! The original comparison for Illusive (which I usually hate, fyi), was something like X-Men meets Ocean's Eleven, which is a pretty hardcover comparison - and a good one, too. Lots of action, great world-building, hilarious characters, sweet romance. An all-around fantastic package!
Rating
4 stars. I'll be awaiting more novels from this author, whether they be sequels to this book, or new works! Lloyd-Jones has a knack for writing amazing world-building and unique characters. More, please!
It's a good read.
The book was very interesting. I liked the way that Jones was able to wrap everything up. It was also nice to see Ciere's ability improve.
Really enjoyed it, will read the next installment
Deceptive by Emily Lloyd-Jones dives into action immediately. Ciere and Alan are working with the mobsters, Daniel is working with the UAI and Devon has an internship. They all eventually end up working together, in one way or another, to stop the kidnapping of immunes. The characters have grown since Illusive and they continue to mature throughout Deceptive. By the end of the book, they have all found where they belong. This series is enjoyable and I really liked the characters!

0 Response to "[NXL]⇒ Libro Gratis Deceptive Illusive Emily LloydJones Books"
Post a Comment